Our Client, a multinational pharmaceutical company, is looking for a Regional Channel Manager to join their ever-growing team in Johannesburg, South Africa.
A person in that role collaboratively works with global, regional, and country teams (marketing, sales, demand planning and manufacturing) to ensure the company gains the required market share in the markets and understands competitive dynamics, delivers on strategic goals and financial commitments, including the top line and bottom line.
The role requires Sales instincts and strong interactions.
Sales & Operations
• Sales – Primary objective of this role is to generate and drive business for established brands for the trade and tender markets.
• Topline and Bottom line – Achieving monthly / Quarterly / Annual sales targets, including the planned profitability along with payments collection.
• Marketing – interaction with HCPs, Hospitals, and Pharmacies; prepare & execute promotions for all Pharma brands.
• Distributor management – regular travel, visit all direct and indirect customers and align expectations with all channel partners involved in the business.
• Responsible for preparing the Annual Operating Plan by mapping partner forecast, inventory, sales trend, and secondary sales, thereby defining quarterly and monthly forecasting.
• Sending out reports on sales performance by identifying quarter achievement and gaps and identifying risk.
• Focus on achieving the Top line & Bottom-line contribution by ensuring strategic pricing to increase tender-winning chances.
• Facilitate cross-country exchange of best practices and coordination of bidding strategies to maximize regional financial output from the available portfolio and products.
• Develop regional annual plans, including Long Range Plan (LRP) and R&D/Regulatory investment plan.
• Interface with supply planning/production functions and export logistics/shipping team to ensure dispatch as per customer timelines and liaise with the regulatory team to meet statutory requirements.
Business Development with Market Intelligence
• Developing business relationships with new and existing customers for long-term business and organization growth by scanning opportunities from a Global perspective considering the value of opportunity, competitive scenario & alignment with the company’s long-term goals.
• To identify target customers by analyzing our product range by keeping abreast of market trends, market development, competitor analysis, and their moves to derive market share metrics and assess market opportunities for sales growth of the existing portfolios in countries where products have already been launched.
• Review and analyze new Business Development opportunities considering regional strategy by understanding the market by its working method, product acceptance, pricing, and marketing method, which help to plan sales strategies.
• Consolidate regional voice-of-customer and define product requirements for existing portfolio and new product development projects, including but not limited to drug format/presentation, target cost, and pricing.
• Monitor and evaluate the external competitive environment to proactively identify opportunities and help mitigate threats to the existing portfolio and pipeline by identifying business continuity risks, e.g., due to regulatory changes, technical challenges, capacity constraints, and collaborate with concerned functions to eliminate them.
• To increase the market reach, design strategy for the development of new and existing products from its conceptualization to the selling stage, which can lead to an increase in sales revenue and market share by Identifying niche product opportunities, quantifying their potential, and collaborating with R&D, Regulatory, Manufacturing & business teams for their commercialization.
• Continuous evaluation, enrichment, and expansion of product portfolio; Liaison between the respective cross-functional team for successful ideation to launch run.
• Drive New Product Identification Process by evaluating and selecting products in view with near- and long-term launches by doing therapy Gap Analysis and recommendation of products.
• Support in the structuring of the deal & business proposal for management’s decision-making. This includes ideation, forecasting, collection of market and competitor data, estimating profitability for new projects, executing project plans & debottlenecking issues related to projects.
• Preparing a yearly plan for generating new business from new customers and handling existing accounts through a high level of customer contact, including frequent direct customer visits, virtual meetings, and extensive networking activities.
• In collaboration with local teams, uncover opportunities to launch products coming from the following production sites: in all countries where it makes financial sense.
• Geographic Scope: Africa and RCIS.
• Collaboration with stakeholders: External customers / Distributors; HCPs, Hospitals & Pharmacies, Medical trainers, MOH, local regulatory agencies, Country local teams; EMEA planning and analysis teams based in individual cluster/country and planning teams at the plant.
Qualifications & Skills
• Sales, Marketing, Distributor Management, Product Portfolio Management, Market access and business transformation.
• Educational qualifications: M. Pharma / MBA
• Min. Experience level: 5+ Years in Pharma Sales / Marketing
DNA consultant in charge of this requisition:
CEEMEA Senior Research Consultant
At DNA Recruitment, we carefully review all applications and aim to contact every suitable candidate within max. 5 working days. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.