The Clinical Application Specialist, specializing in medical imaging, will develop the applications training plan and manage the training process, checklists, and presentations for the end user at each location to ensure their best utilization of the company’s products and services.
- Provide ongoing post-installation training and customer support as needed over the product’s lifecycle.
- Provides pre-sale product clinical consultation and/or educational sessions to potential customers in partnership with the distribution partner sales team.
- Support & assist the customer account to improve productivity, patient care, and quality by optimizing the clinical image quality, product workflow, and protocol management.
- Determining whether the client needs additional training or development and preparing additional training as needed.
- Maintain contact as the key clinical contact person for the company at each location for follow-up concerns, problems, system upgrades, and additional training needed.
- Complete reports confirming the performance of the foregoing duties.
- Maintain technical and clinical proficiency.
- Diagnose and resolve problems affecting system performance and image quality.
- Assist sales personnel, as requested, with product sales presentations and product demonstrations focused on customer needs.
- Provide information to the Business Units regarding recommended product enhancements, product improvements, and general customer feedback.
- Collaborate and coordinate the delivery of customer training with a targeted, integrated account management approach, including sales.
- Maintain customer relationships through proactive touches and communicate all relevant product and/or customer concerns or opportunities to the Management team, Field Sales, Marketing, Customer Loyalty Leads, and Technical Support regarding technical and clinical issues or how to improve the quality of the product or overall product offerings.
- Demonstrate a high degree of applications and systems expertise in designating the company’s products and post-processing products to end users and sales team members.
- Provide customer troubleshooting, applications, and operational assistance in the entire region, both on-site and remote.
- Proactive and reactive compilation and evaluation of statistics and issue of adequate reports concerning errors and problems regarding the application’s support of the product.
- Manage and control the distribution of application information, including “Tips and Tricks” for product line(s) responsibility within the MEA region.
- Work with the company’s Countries’ Managers and distribution Partners.
- Implementation and training support of new software and products.
- Educate and train distributor staff in the proper use of our products.
- Support our distributors with the product and clinical information.
- Planned and executed medical conference participation and exhibition.
- Conduct video training sessions for distributors and end users.
- Prepare clinical material to support sales activities
- Coordinate, schedule & deliver objective-based system/feature training & education support for customer accounts over an extended period while demonstrating the full range of product features, capabilities & benefits.
- Produce well-written post-training reports & provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction & needs.
- Provide technical & clinical leadership during the sales process by demonstrating the full range of image post-processing product features, including potential uses, product capabilities & benefits to customers as needed.
- Support trade shows & professional conferences by performing product demonstrations & promotions.
- Work with the assigned regional image post-processing product sales leaders to present the clinical value proposition of the company’s product line to customers.
- Create & maintain a comprehensive image library of sample cases.
Qualifications & Skills
- A University Degree in Radiology Medical Technology.
- We are looking for a proactive person with a fresh and flexible mind, capable of working in a team with a positive outlook to go the extra mile to support and achieve the goals of our business unit.
- Willingness to travel up to 80%, flexible and accommodating chances Proficient in computer literacy with knowledge relating to currently approved software and operating systems, networks, and connectivity.
- Good interpersonal skills, professional attitude, excellent teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Possess superior written and oral communication skills, in English and Arabic, with the ability to deal with customers and staff at all levels.
- More than 4 years of experience in clinical radiology work, predominantly in CT, MRI, and 3D image post-processing products.
DNA consultant in charge of this requisition:
CEEMEA Junior Research Consultant
At DNA Recruitment, we carefully review all applications and aim to contact every suitable candidate within max. 5 working days. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.