For our client, a multinational medical devices company, we are looking for a Medical Affairs Manager in South Africa. The role will be responsible for the development and execution of the medical tactics for the company’s divisions across the SADC region. The Medical Affairs Manager will contribute to the development and execution of the respective medical strategy and will provide medical/scientific guidance and expertise to external and internal stakeholders. Also, the Medical Affairs Manager will work closely with the other team members and report directly to the META Medical Affairs Head.
At DNA Recruitment, we carefully review all applications and aim to contact every suitable candidate within max. 5 working days. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Thoroughly understand the relevant clinical conditions, disease states, therapies, treatment landscapes, and guidelines.
- Ability to evaluate clinical evidence/medical literature and complex scientific/medical data with fair balance and utilize within the relevant context.
- Ability to develop a medical strategy for their area of responsibility in alignment with global and regional business strategies.
- Understands roles of collaborators and stakeholders across multiple disciplines and geographies and works in harmony to achieve the goals.
- Effectively establishes communication and collaboration with KOLs, scientific societies, and authorities.
- Experienced in preparing and delivering educational content to internal and external stakeholders within high ethical and compliance standards.
- Self-motivated for success and professional development
- Flexibility and adaptivity to change.
- Effective team player with a strategic and creative mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or country equivalent required; Medical degree is preference.
- Minimum of 6 years experience within the hospital environment, pharmaceutical, and/or medical device company.
- Language: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- External Engagement.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Communication and presentation Skills.
- Disease State and Therapeutic Knowledge.
- Decision Making and Risk Mitigation.
- Governance and Compliance.
- The highest degree of ethics.
- Team oriented.
- Agile mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Business acumen.
- Willingness to grow.
- Willingness to travel (>40% time on business travel).
DNA consultant in charge of this requisition:
CEEMEA Research Consultant