The Financial Accountant is to provide accurate US GAAP and local GAAP statutory reporting for the entity.
Financial Accountant will be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Responsible for income statements and balance sheets for the Company’s Saudi entity.
- Responsible for all compliance-related matters related to the Company’s Saudi entity, this includes VAT, WHT, corporate tax, and transfer pricing.
- To provide full support to the Country controller to enable sign-off on US GAAP and local GAAP statutory and all compliance-related matters.
- The person will work closely with the MENAT Controller, the Company’s International Controller, and other members of the Entity Finance COE and partner with our Finance European Operations.
- Responsible for the US GAAP reporting and statutory compliance matters of the Company’s Saudi entity.
- Ensure that the monthly US GAAP reporting to corporate is on time and free from material misstatements.
- Drive standardization and best practices across entities.
- Strive towards a simplified month-end process across all entities which provides an adequate level of detail for the Finance Manager/business partner to sign off the monthly financial results.
- Work together with the Finance Leader, Local Finance team, and BP&A team to design a simplified review process and reports which will enable the Country Controller to gain comfort and enable sign-off on the month-end performance.
- Identify areas of simplification (e.g. audit process). Work on standardization of timelines/efficiency. Challenge the status quo and constantly drive for efficiencies and improvements.
- Manage all external relationships (auditors and tax).
- Responsible for all compliance-related matters related to the, drive continuous improvement in this area through monitoring of activities, assessing compliance risks, and implementation of improvements.
- Take the lead on various projects within the Entity Finance COE and work with other members of the COE to deliver on objectives.
- Have a mindset of COE and work collaboratively with other finance managers in EMEA to share best practices and drive standardization and implementation.
- To provide full support to the Country Controller to enable the Country Controller to sign off on USGAAP and local GAAP statutory and all compliance-related matters. Full support for dealing with all key external stakeholders (E&Y, tax advisors, pension advisors, etc).
Qualifications and skills
- A recognized accounting qualification and 3-5 years of experience.
- Audit experience would be advantageous.
Local language skills (Arabic) for the entity assigned and fluent in English.
- Proven ability to work across a Matrix Organisation.
- Experience in Entity Closures and Entity Openings across multiple jurisdictions is advantageous.
- Experience in working with Shared Service Centres.
- Experience in ERP implementations would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Proven experience working with external auditors, tax advisors, and legal advisors.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and local GAAP Compliance Requirements.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to support the organization through the local leadership team.
- Ability to learn, drive for results, and continuously seek to improve, demonstrating a focus on customers and a collaborative mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong networks, using the networks to acquire relevant information and to navigate the internal organizational matrix Team player and ability to build a collaborative culture within own team, motivating others to deliver effectively.
- Good analytical thinking skills with proven ability to problem solve and deliver process effectiveness, to drive optimized execution and performance.
DNA consultant in charge of this requisition:
CEEMEA Research Consultant